Saturday 20 February 2010

Welcome to my Blog!






Hello and welcome to my first blog. I am currently working on my collection 'Brought back again.'

My collection is based around objects found in vintage and charity shops. Drawings and photographs of the objects have been developed into abstract shapes which have inspired the jewellery collection.
The collection consists of a series of panels, silver backed brooches, necklaces, and packets of buttons. I create the intensity of line by etching into the metal, and use colour provided by wet enamel.
I love the discordant and clashing nature of colours combined, and I enjoy the idea of creating a vibrant jewellery collection inspired by forgotten items, giving them a second life.

I am now busy creating earrings and cuff-links using some of the enamelled buttons I have created. Let me know what you think of my collection! It can be found on http://www.folksy.com/shops/CharlysGems





No comments:

Post a Comment